- 12-hours of instruction in the ancient art of Glass Bead Making (lampwork)
- 3-hours of Jewelry Design instruction (using the beads you made)
- 4-hours of additional practice time at the torch (optional – offered after lunch)
This class voucher can be purchased for your own use (dates to be decided after purchase) or given as a gift (a gift certificate can be provided, which can be emailed to the recipient or printed).
What does the course cover?
We are excited to announce this very unique learning experience, offered in an extraordinary location: Create your own glass beads at the torch while working with Tim, and then work with Lily to turn those beads into your own beaded necklace and/or bracelet!
Beginning with learning the basics of glass bead making (Lampworking), you will literally create from glass rods the beads that are to be used in your necklace or bracelet, in the size, shape and colors you desire. Then, using those beads, along with others you select in-store, you will design and string your own one-of-a-kind piece, learning the most tried and true methods of jewelry design as you go. This is a truly unique and inspirational course!
Days 1, 2 and 3: Glass Bead Making. The course begins with a brief introduction to the equipment and safety procedures. You will then work side-by-side with Tim as he demonstrates and explains the various bead making techniques. Some of the areas we will explore are:
- Consistently forming a good base bead
- Pulling stringer / Applying stringer decoration
- Dots, layering dots, feathering, poking, squashing, raking, twisting, etc.
- Bead shapes: Flattened beads, Bi-cone, Barrels, etc.
- Encasing your beads in glass
- Working with Silver Leaf
- Techniques for consistent recreation of bead styles
- Adding Murrine (Millefiori) to beads
And of course all of the beads you make are yours to keep.
On day 4 of the course you will spend 3 hours with Designer Lily Morda, who can assist you in creating a beautiful piece(s) of jewelry using the beads you made in the course (Stringing materials and basic findings included. Other beads and materials may be purchased with a 10% store discount).
For more details and to register for your course please visit this page on our Sister-site Glass-haus.org.
The charming studio suite Casa Siesta offers private access, double bed, bathroom (with shower) and even a fireplace for our winter guests. The suite opens directly onto the veranda and garden.
For pricing and details, please visit our Casa Siesta page: